Leadership retreats: 3 of our favourite European destinations (off the beaten track)
Are you looking to energise and motivate your top management team? Here’s a few tips to inspire your next leadership meeting. All destinations are very easy to access, yet away from the busy European capitals. We’ve chosen them as we believe they are very special places (e.g. that most people might have not been to), that offer great level of service, meeting facilities and activities – as well as very good value. We believe these are true gems that make leadership retreats energising and motivating. Hope you like them!
- Flights: daily, direct, low cost flights available to Geneva from 150+ destinations
- Transfer: approx 1hr, direct from Geneva airport via train, taxi or minibus
- Outdoor activities: close to vineyards, lakes and mountains
- Food & Drinks: authentic Swiss food, with impeccable service
- Best Seasons: all year round (land/water activities in summer, snow activities in winter)
Offering panoramic views of Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps, Montreux has a handful of fantastic waterfront hotels such as the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace (pictured above). Offering superb meeting spaces (both indoors and outdoors), Montreux is no exception to the world renowned Swiss service. Restaurants range from authentic Swiss fondue houses to Michelin star restaurants. Some of our favourite team building activities include;
- Peak walk, food & drinks at the highest point of the Vaudois Alps
- Lavaux food & wine tasting vineyard experience
- Catch & release fishing and outdoor lunch
- Trekking, Bike & BBQ in the woods adventure
- Swiss watch making workshop
- and many more
- Flights: daily, direct, low cost flights to Reykjavik from 75+ destinations
- Transfer: approx 1hr from Reykjavik airport via minibus or super jeep!
- Outdoor activities: spoiled for options, with once in a lifetime activities
- Food & Drinks: offering both authentic and contemporary options
- Best Seasons: all year round (land/water activities in summer, snow and northern lights in winter)
Imagine feeling like you’ve just landed on the moon and your hotel looks like a building in a James Bond movie. Welcome to Nesjavellir! The Ion Adventure Hotel (pictured to the right) is an absolute gem. Located within Iceland’s Golden Circle (with geysers, waterfalls and some of the most stunning landscapes in Europe), this hotel has a Northern Lights bar where – if the night is clear – you can enjoy the spectacular Aurora Borealis whilst sipping a cocktail between October and April. With regards to meeting rooms, the hotel offers clean, modern meeting rooms, an excellent restaurant and superb service. If the group preferred to eat outside the hotel, there’s options nearby as well as many choices in Reykjavik, located within 40 mins. Some of our favourite team building activities here include;
- Horseback riding
- Snorkelling between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates
- Snowmobile and ice cave adventure
- Glaciar hiking
- Volcano caving
- Super jeep and natural hot springs tour
- Golden Circle circuit
- Northern Lights
- and so many more!
VIANA DO CASTELO
- Flights: daily, direct, low cost flights to Porto from 100+ destinations
- Transfer: approx 50m from Porto airport via taxi or minibus.
- Outdoor activities: close to vineyards, mountains and the beach
- Food & Drinks: authentic Portuguese & excellent seafood
- Best seasons: all year round (land and water activities available in summer & winter)
Sitting atop a hill you can find the Pousada Viana de Castelo (pictured above). This hotel is surrounded by lush nature and offers breathtaking views of the Santuario de Santa Luzia, beaches and the Atlantic Ocean (also pictured above). Most bedrooms, meeting rooms, restaurants and terraces in the Pousada have access to this view also. Another great reason to host leadership events in this destination is the fresh, exquisite seafood. Both the hotel and the surrounding towns of Viana do Castelo and Ponte de Lima have fantastic restaurants. Some of our favourite team building activities here include;
- Vineyard Tours and wine tasting
- Trip to Ponte de Lima
- Port masterclass
- Kite surfing
- Seafood tours
- and many more!
Fun fact: the town of Ponte de Lima (which is the oldest vila in Portugal) has period lamposts alongside the Lima river with hidden speakers that play jazz music all day long!